The 7th grade boys were at home against Iowa City North Central on Thursday night.
The C team faced a tough challenge and lost the first game of the night 20-15. Brody Vogel led in scoring and steals. Aiden Miller had three points and led in rebounds and assists. Will Bowden, Ethan Bartling, Landen Daughtery and Izayah Diehl also added to the scoring.
In the B game the Chargers held off their opponents for a 20-17 win. Asher Smith had 10 points and Kyle Crock had six. Ivan Rameriz led the team in steals.
Harding ran it’s undefeated record to 6 - 0 with a 36-15 win. Tristan Steichen and Rowan Donels led the scoring with seven points each. Trajin Sain had six points, nine rebounds, four assists and three blocks in the win. Jacob O’Shea also added nine rebounds and five points.
ATTENTION BOYS SWIMMERS . . . .
If you are interested in swimming for the boys Harding swim team, please stop by the main office to sign up and pick up some information. Practice begins on December 4. You will need a ride to pick you up from Kennedy each day at 4:00 pm after practice.
November is recycling awareness month. If you have old batteries at home, bring them in to your science teacher and they will be recycled. The school with the most batteries recycled per pound wins a contest. Batteries that can be recycled are alkaline batteries such as AA, AAA, C, D, and 9V. No car batteries or rechargeables allowed. Let’s go Chargers!
Student Leadership will be preparing holiday shipping for our Adopt-a-Soldier program. A Thanksgiving shipment is ready to go with the supplies we currently have. We would like to have collections for an additional holiday shipment completed by Friday, December 15 to send off before leaving for break. A list of items requested by the troops is below. Please drop them off in the donation boxes located in classrooms throughout the building. Thanks for supporting the men and women of our military forces!
- Prepackaged snacks like beef jerky
- Peanuts (in plastic jars or packages)
- Pringles Chips
- M & M’s candy
- Baby wipes
- Crystal Light or something similar to put into their water bottles
- Hard candy, Skittles, Fruit Roll-ups
- Chips Ahoy or other packaged cookies
- Chex Mix, and other salty snacks
- phone cards
- MP3 players
- Portable DVD players
- School supplies
- Sample size personal hygiene products
- Cash contributions are used to purchase list items along with covering the shipping materials & costs.
KEEP COLLECTING THOSE HY-VEE RECEIPTS AND BOXTOPS! SEND THEM TO SCHOOL WITH YOUR STUDENT TO BRING TO THE MAIN OFFICE.
DON'T MISS OUT ON ORDERING A HARDING YEARBOOK FOR YOUR STUDENT. ORDER FORMS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE STUDENT INFO CENTER OR ORDER ONLINE @ YBPAY.LIFETOUCH.COM
A REMINDER ABOUT BEFORE SCHOOL PROCEDURES:
Students will remain outside, prior to 7:42, unless:
35 degrees or below
- Extreme weather conditions exist
Students are only allowed to enter the building if:
- Eating breakfast
- Clinic -- unless there is a need for an escort (injured, vomiting, etc…) the student should go to the clinic, to take care of business, on their own.
- Working with a teacher – A pass from the teacher is required